LOOKING AFTER YOUR JEWELLERY
Many factors can influence the condition of your jewellery. Fashion jewellery is fragile but if treated with respect it can last for many years. Please follow these simple steps below to ensure your beautiful jewellery lasts a lifetime.
- Your jewellery should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off
- In order to protect your jewellery, it should be stored in your Wisteria London box/pouch provided with your order. This will protect it from getting scratched, being exposed to direct sunlight and prevent it getting tangled with other pieces of jewellery
- We recommend removing your jewellery when you shower or bathe and particularly when on the beach, in the sea or in chlorinated water.
- Avoid spraying perfume or applying creams directly onto your jewellery as these contain chemicals that may tarnish your jewellery
- Remove jewellery when doing household chores
- Wipe jewellery clean after each wear to remove make up and oils that may have been present on the skin
LOOKING AFTER YOUR HANDBAGS
We are firm believers in the motto ‘if you love your bag, it will love you back!’ Here are a few best practices when it comes to your daily handbag maintenance.
- Wipe clean with a soft cloth
- Avoid handling your bag if your hands are dirty or if you have lotion or cream on them
- Keep your bag out of direct sunlight
- Store your bag properly
- Ideally store in an upright position
- Stuff your bag (this could be done with scarves or old clothing)
- Cross the handles across each other to avoid wear and unclip any removable straps if storing for a long period of time
- Protect the lining
- Use pouches to store cosmetics or liquids
- Avoid click pens opting for pens with caps
LOOKING AFTER YOUR SCARVES
Keeping your scarf clean is one way to prolong it’s life. Below we have provided 8 simple steps to keep your scarf in top condition. We advise that all our scarves are HAND WASH ONLY to preserve and keep their shape.
- Fill a sink or large bowl with cool water
- Add a small amount of mild detergent to the water to create suds
- Submerge your scarf fully in the water until it is totally wet, squeezing through the suds
- Let the scarf sit in the water for around 15 minutes
- Drain or pour out the water
- Rinse your scarf under a cool tap whilst squeezing out the suds (be gentle don’t wring the fabric too hard!) Rinse until the water runs clear and there are no suds left
- Smooth your scarf back into its original shape and dry naturally away from direct heat such as radiators and also sunlight. DO NOT TUMBLE DRY!
- When dry press lightly with a cool iron